Saturday, January 1, 2011

you're already here, 2011?

I already know that 2011 is going to be a busy and eventful year.  I'm getting married and graduating from graduate school (hopefully), so there's a lot of work that needs to be done.  It will probably be one of the most stressful years of my life, but I hope that I can do it.  I'm going to start this year by making some resolutions.

1. Stay on top of my wedding planning. I know that this is going to be a challenge with grad school, but if I can get help from my family and close friends, hopefully it can be done.  I just need to find a balance.  It might require scheduling in wedding planning time into my everyday routine, but I will do that if I have to.

2. Be more involved in school. I really need to immerse myself in grad school more this semester and find out what I'm truly passionate about.  This also means figuring out what I want to do with my life, at least for the next 5-10 years, although that is a very daunting task.

3. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Getting in shape isn't even the main motivating factor here, I just know that working out makes you feel better and is a good way to reduce stress. I was SO stressed out this past semester and would nap every single day.  If I went to the gym instead of napping I'm sure I would feel better.  I just need to find the willpower to do it.

4. Cook more. I have recipe book.  I have a cook book.  I just really need to learn how to cook.  Seriously. It's getting annoying.

5. FIND A BALANCE. This is probably the most important thing if all, and kind of ties everything together.  I really want to find that balance where I can be happy in all aspects of my life and not feel like I'm a slave to one particular area.  It's going to be a challenge with grad school, but I don't want that to control my life.  I want to do well in it, but I can't spend all my time freaking out and having panic attacks over it.  It's just not worth it.  Life's not supposed to be about that.

Let's see if I can do it!  Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment