Wednesday, November 3, 2010

ceremony decor

I've been a little inconsistent with blogging lately.  I hope that, with time, I will become better at balancing school work and wedding planning.  It's just difficult because I seem to enjoy wedding planning much more than grad school, so it's a constant struggle to make me focus on work.  Oh well, such is life.

I am still trying to decide exactly where on the farm we are going to have our ceremony, but depending on the evenness of the land I think it might be nice to have it in the font yard of the farm house under the big tree.  Once I pick a spot, I am going to have to decide on the layout and decor, so I have been gathering some ideas that I like.

Bowls of water filled with flower petals and tied with a colorful ribbon lining the aisle is a nice alternative to the traditional flowers, especially with it being so hot!

If we do have it in the front yard, I want to take full advantage of the trees and the fence.  Since my theme is love birds, I think a string of oragami paper birds would be a cute (and easy!) way of incorporating birds into the cermony.

Pretty sure I've already mentioned this, but I love the idea of signage.

 I can't get enough of the letters!

These paper flowers are a cute way of incorporate your wedding colors into the ceremony.  Some upsides?  They cost much less than fresh flowers and you don't have to worry about them wilting!

These flower balls (that can't be the name, haha) are simple and elegant!

I'm sure this is expensive with all the fresh flowers, but I really like the hanging vases.  If I did it I think I would go with mason jars instead of real vases for that rustic farm look.

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear!
    I didn't know you had updated, and I'm sure it's difficult to balance work and wedding, but important to find that balance. Just looked and I guess you posted on the day after the broken foot, so perhaps it is not strange that I've just found it.
    There are lots of cute ideas here, and I like all of them! If you were hoping I'd veto things, I'm not much help!

    ReplyDelete