Monday, November 15, 2010

the little things

As the end of the semester approaches and the work piles up, I'm trying not to lose my mind by just appreciating the little things, like spending nights at home with a glass of wine, making comfort food, and enjoying my awesome $1 candles that smell like the holidays.  Speaking of the holidays, I can't believe the effect Christmas music has on improving my mood.  Happy Monday, everyone!

 A couple of hot chocolates -- extra marshmallows.  In cups that remind me of home.

$1 :) {They burn way faster than Yankee Candles, though.}

 You can find the recipe for these peanut butter cocoa crisp treats here - the marshmallows were our touch :) {and they're much better if you heat them up before eating!}

3 comments:

  1. YUMMY! Makes me hungry looking at the homey hot chocolate and those decadent peanut butter cocoa crisp treats! Looks like you've been honing your cooking skills as well as working on everything else.

    I'm glad you're taking time to enjoy the little things...that is very very important! Aromatic candles and Christmas music -- just the thing to improve a mood! Along with the yummy treats, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "the little things" are the only things keeping me sane at the moment, so I feel it is necessary to devote a blog entry to them. :)

    ReplyDelete